Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
STOC - Real-time traffic information
Over 210 million vehicles are in operation on roadways across the United States. As these numbers continue to increase, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation has implemented several technologies to manage traffic and provide motorists with real-time traffic information for portions Wisconsin's freeway system.
These technologies include:
- Roadway sensors and data probes
- Traffic condition cameras
- Congestion maps
These technologies help to advise motorists of congestion, delays and construction. Use these tools to plan your route to work, home or vacation destination.
Advanced Transportation Management System (ATMS)
The Statewide Advance Transportation Management System (ATMS) integrates statewide response capabilities and the management of transportation and incidents to improve safety, mobility, efficiency and economic well being.
Compatible with national standards, the computerized system consists of electronic detectors, traffic condition cameras, ramp meters, variable message signs and congestion maps that will let drivers know about traffic conditions and alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Improved traffic flow on existing facilities.
- Fewer crashes, injuries and fatalities, and improved emergency service response time.
- Reduced costs for transportation planning, use, operations and maintenance installations.
- Improved accessibility and availability of travel information to tourists, commercial vehicle operators, emergency services, transit users and other users of all transportation facilities.
- Better consistency statewide.
Questions about the content of this page:
Traffic Operations Center, email@example.com
Last modified: August 1, 2012
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.