Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Amtrak passenger rail service
Amtrak service in Wisconsin
Photo courtesy of Tom Michele
Wisconsin is served by two Amtrak routes:
- The Hiawatha Service, a corridor service operating seven round trips a day (6 on Sunday) between Chicago and Milwaukee
- The Empire Builder, a long-distance train operating one round trip a day between Chicago and Seattle/Portland
Amtrak passenger rail stations:
- St. Paul, MN
- Red Wing, MN
- Winona, MN
- La Crosse
- Wisconsin Dells
- Milwaukee Intermodal Station
- Milwaukee Airport Rail Station (Hiawatha only)
- Sturtevant (Hiawatha only)
- Glenview, IL
- Chicago, IL
Amtrak thruway motorcoach connections
Amtrak thruway motorcoach connections provide service to additional Wisconsin communities. A combination rail/bus ticket can be booked through Amtrak. Thruway rail/bus connections can be made at the Milwaukee Intermodal Station, the Columbus, Portage and St. Paul, Minnesota Amtrak stations.
- Duluth, MN (Superior) - Cloquet, MN – Sandstone, MN - St. Paul, MN
- Wausau - Stevens Point - Waupaca - New London - Appleton - Oshkosh - Fond du Lac - Milwaukee
- Houghton, MI - L'Anse, MI - Marquette, MI - Escanaba, MI - Powers, MI - Stephenson, MI - Marinette - Oconto - Green Bay - Manitowoc - Sheboygan - Milwaukee
- Madison - Janesville - South Beloit, IL - Rockford, IL - Chicago, IL
- Madison - Columbus - Fond du Lac - Oshkosh - Appleton - Green Bay
- Madison - Portage - Stevens Point - Wausau
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN - Hudson - Menominee - Eau Claire - Wausau - Shawano - Green Bay - Manitowoc - Sheboygan - Milwaukee
To purchase tickets or for route information call Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245), or the Amtrak web site.
Questions about the content of this page:
Arun Rao, email@example.com
Last modified: April 21, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.