Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Safe driving tips for older drivers
- Always wear your glasses and make sure that they are a current prescription.
- Avoid driving at dawn, dusk or night.
- Sit high in your seat so you can see the road for at least 10 feet in front of your car.
- If you are 60 or older, see an eye doctor every year to check for conditions associated with aging.
- Avoid rush hour driving.
- Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead.
- At intersections, look to the sides of the roads as well as directly ahead.
- Avoid left turns, but if you must make a left, try to make it at an intersection where green arrow signals provide protected turns.
Questions about the content of this page:
Tondra Davis, email@example.com
Last modified: February 7, 2005
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.