Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 35 (Tower Ave.) Reconstruction Project - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
- Visit Wisconsin 511 travel information for the NW region
- NW region weekly construction update
- Detour map
- Map to Wisconsin DOT, DMV, DNR offices in Superior during construction
- Due to the deep trench work for utility replacements, it is not feasible to leave Tower Avenue open to traffic.
- WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) will be closed from Belknap Street to 3rd Street during construction.
- 3rd Street to Hughitt Avenue will be single lane in each direction.
- All intersections open to cross street access will be closed at one time
- Crossing side streets will be open whenever feasible and
- Local business traffic to utilize back streets and alleys.
- Duluth Transit Authority
- Route numbers 16 and 17 buses will detour Tower Avenue during construction.
- For more information on routes visit: www.duluthtransit.com/feed/detour/499
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 16, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.