Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 241 Corridor Study
Franklin and Oak Creek, Milwaukee
|View SE, WIS 241 Corridor Study project location.|
WIS 241 (S. 27th St.), Milwaukee County line to College Avenue, within the communities of Franklin and Oak Creek in Milwaukee County.
This study will:
- Evaluate the need for additional lanes
- Analyze traffic at all intersections
- Evaluate access locations and median openings to improve highway safety and efficiency
- Evaluate impacts of proposed improvement alternatives
This study will address long-term safety and congestion needs and identify the right of way needed for preservation for future corridor expansion.
The study outcomes will include:
- Environmental Assessment (EA)
- Design study report
- Preliminary plan
The study started in 2007 and is scheduled to be completed in 2012.
Northern section (Drexel Avenue to College Avenue)
- Real estate acquisition scheduled for fall 2012.
- Reconstruction and expansion scheduled for 2015.
Southern section (Elm Road to Drexel Avenue)
- Construction is not currently scheduled.
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 31, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.