Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 12 Corridor Study (County N-WIS 26)
Cottage Grove-Fort Atkinson,
Dane and Jefferson counties
|View SW, US 12 Corridor Study (County N-WIS 26) in a larger map.|
Note - Study completed, view Final Study Report
Note - This study IS NOT the US 12 Corridor (Solutions) Study in Fort Atkinson. If you have questions about that study, visit the US 12 Corridor Study at Fort Atkinson website.
US 12, County N (Cottage Grove) to WIS 26 (Fort Atkinson), in Dane and Jefferson counties.
- Access and safety study to examine the existing environmental, social, and transportation related issues along US 12.
- It will include operational and safety analysis to guide the development of strategies and recommendations to improve the corridor.
- Strategies will be crafted with the goal of preserving the functional life of the existing two-lane highway for as long as possible.
- The greatest concerns for WisDOT are the existing at-grade intersections along US 12. As traffic increases over time, it could become increasingly difficult to access and cross US 12 from connecting roads and driveways in a safe manner. For this reason, identifying opportunities to manage access will be examined as part of the study.
- While the scope of this study will not include capacity expansion or community bypass alternatives, opportunities for other local circulation enhancements could be discussed and might be possible.
Study (Access and safety study) completed September 2014 with no construction activity at this time.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: September 29, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.