Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 12 Corridor, aka Baraboo Bypass - Maps
US 12, I-90/94 (Lake Delton) to Ski Hi Road (south of Baraboo), in Sauk County.
View US 12 Corridor, aka Baraboo Bypass in a larger map.
The following document(s) are in Adobe PDF
(Note: Some files are large and may take longer to download depending on individual connection speeds. Users may need to zoom in to see details.)
South section (green line on map above)
- 5.4 miles of proposed four-lane bypass from Terrytown Road south to Ski Hi Road around the city of Baraboo.
- Interchanges scheduled to be constructed at WIS 136 and County W.
- South of Baraboo, the freeway will change to an expressway with limited access to some businesses/homes and full access to the Lehman Road and Ski Hi Road intersections.
Bike/pedestrian accommodation (yellow line on map above)
- Starts at the US 12 bypass along Fern Dell Road and ends at Frontage Road West (near the intersection of Wisconsin Dells Parkway South and N. Gasser Road) in the village of Lake Delton.
- Located adjacent to the north section of the US 12 bypass.
- Will connect to the north section bypass project just to the west of the Giebel Court/Moon Road/Fern Dell Road roundabout.
North section (purple line on map above) - Construction completed
- 5.7 miles of a four-lane bypass - I-90/94 (just north of Fern Dell Road) south to Terrytown Road.
- Interchanges constructed near Fern Dell Road, at North Reedsburg Road and at WIS 33.
- New US 12 passes over Fern Dell Road, North Reedsburg Road and Terrytown Road and passes under Shady Lane, WIS 33 and Old WIS 33.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 19, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.