Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 59 Reconstruction - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- The WIS 59 (Greenfield Avenue) project in the city of West Allis includes reconstructing and resurfacing 1.2 miles of pavement due to pavement conditions.
- The section between 124th Street and 106th Street will be resurfaced and the section between 106th Street and 101st Street will be reconstructed.
- The section between 101st Street and 97th Street will be reconstructed for the I-894 interchange improvements.
Project benefits/anticipated outcomes
- Improved roadway conditions
- Intersection safety
- Improved pedestrian and transit facilities
- Expanded turning lanes at the WIS 100 intersection and I-894 ramp intersections
- Expanded bridge over I-894
- Traffic signal improvements
- Bicycle accommodations throughout the corridor
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 25, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.