Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 32 Reconstruction - Fast Facts
Caledonia, Racine County
|View SE, WIS 32 (5 Mile Rd.-WIS 31) Reconstruction in a larger map.|
WIS 32, within the village of Caledonia, in Racine County.
- South project limit is about 1,000 feet south of 5 Mile Road.
- North project limit is about ˝ mile north of the intersection of WIS 32 and WIS 31.
- Project length is about 1.7 miles.
- Maintenance resurfacing project with additional lane through intersection from 6 Mile Road to WIS 31.
- Intersection improvements at 5 Mile Road, 6 Mile Road and WIS 31.
- Traffic signal installation at 6 Mile Road and WIS 32.
The project’s need was established based on several criteria:
- Physical deterioration, age of facility, and related deficiencies
- Increasing traffic volume and congestion
- Safety concerns and crashes
- Bicycle facilities
- System linkage and route importance
The purpose of this project is to improve deteriorating pavement conditions and related deficiencies, and to provide intersection improvements to meet forecasted traffic volumes, improve safety, and accommodate the needs of pedestrians and bicyclists.
Scheduled for construction 2018
The project will be closed to through traffic during
construction. Access to local properties will be maintained during
The detour route will be posted.
Mark Wilfert, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT SE Region Communications
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: June 26, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.