Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 164 Tichigan-Big Bend - Fast facts
|View SE, WIS 164 Tichigan-Big Bend - Racine and Waukesha counties in a larger map.|
**Project update (Dec. 2013): Work continues on WIS 164 to address shoulder failures. Construction will continue until late December. Please use alternate routes when possible and check back for updates.
Three construction projects on WIS 164 in 2013
- Northern project - WIS 164, Henneberry Ave. to Orchard St. to Edgewood Ave. to just south of I-43 interchange, County L intersection, Edgewood intersection, and Nevins Street, through Big Bend, in Waukesha County. (northern green line).
- Between these two projects, approximately 1 mile south of Big Bend and 1 mile north of Racine/Waukesha County Line, in Waukesha County. (purple line)
- Southern project - WIS 164, WIS 36 to Wood Rd. to North County Line, through Tichigan, in Racine County. (southern green line)
Northern project through Big Bend (northern green line)
- Resurface WIS 164, Henneberry Ave. to Orchard St.
- Reconstruct WIS 164, Orchard St. to Edgewood Ave.
- Resurface WIS 164, Edgewood Ave. to just south of I-43 interchange.
- Traffic signals will be installed at County L intersection.
- Edgewood intersection will be widened to add turn lanes. Nevins St. will become a cul-de-sac due to its close proximity to the County L intersection.
Between these two projects, approximately 1 mile south of Big Bend and 1 mile north of the Racine County Line, an existing culvert will be replaced with a new box culvert. (purple line)
Southern project through Tichigan (southern green line)
- Resurface WIS 164, WIS 36 to Wood Rd.
- Reconstruct WIS 164, Wood Rd. to the North County Line.
- Vertical deficiencies will be improved, pavement and shoulders widened to current standards, culverts replaced and intersections improved.
Promote your business during construction
- April 1, 2013 - Construction started
- Utilities are completing their facility relocations.
- Nov. 2013 - Construction complete
WisDOT welcomes project comments/suggestions. Please give us your comments/suggestions on this project, the project goals, transportation deficiencies, project purpose and need, and preliminary alternatives. Thank you for your interest and assistance with this important project.
- Submit comments at PIMs and/or other public meetings
- Send project comments via email to project staff
- Via online comment/questionnaire
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: December 6, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.