Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Water St. Bridge - Fast facts
Eau Claire, Eau Claire
|View NW, Water St. Bridge - Eau Claire, Eau Claire County in a larger map.|
Sign up for project updates
- Join our distribution list
to receive updates and notices via email on
Water St. Bridge.
- You should receive an email confirming your subscription. Contact Chris Ouellette if you have difficulties or questions about subscribing.
- We are making plans to replace the aging Water Street Bridge in the city of Eau Claire.
- The overall project includes replacing the structure with a new bridge that will be slightly wider to accommodate both bicycles and pedestrians.
- There are also plans for some approach work, modification of traffic signals and new decorative lighting.
Promote your business during construction
- Winter 2014 - Final design plans anticipated to be completed.
- Fall 2015 - Construction anticipated to begin.
- Fall 2016 - Construction anticipated to be completed.
- The bridge will be closed during construction.
- A detour route using the Lake Street Bridge is anticipated.
- Pedestrians will be required to use the Lake Street Bridge or the UW-Eau Claire pedestrian footbridge
- Bridge design features - March 2014
- Design phase - Alternative A
- Fact Sheet - Fall 2013
- Bridge design features - September 2013
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Tara Weiss, PE, Project Manager
Tim Mason, PE, Project Supervisor
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: June 23, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.