Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
I-94 (US 12-WIS 65) Corridor Study
Hudson, Warren, and Roberts, St. Croix
|View NW, I-94 (US 12-WIS 65) Corridor Study project in a larger map.|
I-94, US 12 to WIS 65, in the townships of Hudson and Warren, and the village of Roberts, in St. Croix County.
This major project has been approved for study by the Transportation Projects Commission (TPC). The study will look at potential expansion of seven miles of I-94 between US 12 and WIS 65 in St. Croix County.
Potential improvements include:
- Reconstruction of pavement while expanding I-94 with three travel lanes in each direction
- Replacement of the bridges over Kinney Rd., 100th St., and 130th St.
- New right of way may be required to accommodate the improvements
- Correct outdated geometric features to modern freeway standards
- Maintain efficient freeway operations
I-94 is a high-priority corridor through northwestern Wisconsin and facilitates inter-regional and inter-state travel. I-94 was originally constructed in 1958 and improvements are needed to maintain safe and efficient operations.
- Study completion anticipated by end of summer 2014.
- Once the study is completed, WisDOT will report its findings to the TPC. The TPC may then recommend the legislature enumerate the project for construction as early as 2018.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: November 13, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.