Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 23 Corridor Preservation Study
Plymouth-Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan County
|View NE, WIS 23 Corridor Preservation Study in a larger map.|
WIS 23, County P (west of Plymouth) to WIS 32 (Sheboygan Falls), in Sheboygan county.
- WIS 32 is a 10 mile long four-lane divided expressway with at-grade intersections and passes along the north of both Plymouth and Sheboygan Falls.
- WIS 23 is a connector route in the Connections 2030 plan. It is a major east-west highway connecting US 41 and I-43 between the Fox Cities and Milwaukee, and provides a direct route between Fond du Lac and Sheboygan.
- The study will address issues associated with WIS 23 between County P and WIS 32 and will look to develop alternatives that will be needed to convert this section of WIS 23 to a freeway to provide the type of service consistent with a Connections 2030 connector route.
- In order to obtain the freeway designation, all current access to the expressway will be modified, resulting in an interchange, overpass, or a road closure. Highway preservation is done according to State Statute 84.295.
- After evaluation of the alternatives WisDOT will map the right of way needs for the location of future overpasses and interchanges.
- No construction is planned as a part of this study. Implementation of the improvements will occur as determined by future operational needs.
- Preliminary design and environmental documentation. No construction activity.
- Study scheduled to be completed 2014.
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: September 24, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.