Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 32 Planning Study - Alternatives
- Alternatives 4 and 5 were recommended to be dropped from further consideration by the De Pere Plan Commission and De Pere Board of Public Works.
- The public and stakeholder committee has requested the study
team evaluate the feasibility of an alternative (Alternative 2B)
that would make Reid St. (WIS 32) two-way traffic, and revert
Main Ave. to a two-lane city street.
- The intent is to post the findings from this evaluation in spring 2014.
June 3, 2013 - Comments/feedback were due on alternatives
May 2013 - Phase 1, Final report including existing conditions analysis of traffic operations and alternatives. Corridor recommendations including highway, rail, bicycle, pedestrian, transit and other emerging needing in a downtown environment.
March 21, 2013 - PIM, Alternatives
- View ALL alternative
- Exhibit - Balanced design info.
- Main Ave. and 3rd St. traffic signal
- Main Ave. and 8th St. existing conditions
- Main Ave. and
8th St. proposed signal
- Alternative 1 - Improve existing conditions - Maintains the existing roadway configuration with the addition of exclusive turn lanes at critical intersections to improve operations to meet standards.
- Alternative 2 - Two-way conversion - Analyzes a complete conversion of both Main Ave. and Reid St. to two-way traffic. 3rd St. would also be converted to two-way traffic to accommodate the bidirectional traffic patterns. Main Ave. would be designated as WIS 32 and Reid St. would become a local street.
- Alternative 2B - Makes Reid St. (WIS 32) two-way traffic, and reverts Main Ave. to a two-lane city street. This alternative is being re-evaluated in greater detail by the study team, and the intent is to post the findings from this evaluation in spring 2014.
- Alternative 3 - 3rd and 4th St., one-way pair - Maintains the one-way patterns of Main Ave. and Reid St. In addition, 3rd St. and 4th St. would be converted to one-way traffic (3rd St. northbound, 4th St. southbound) from Main Ave. to Lost Dauphin Rd. This alternative was developed by the study team.
- Alternative 4 - Reverse flow circulating lane - Was taken from the De Pere Downtown Master Plan. The conceptual plan maintains the existing one-way pair of Main Ave. and Reid St. for WIS 32 regional traffic and provides an additional counter flow lane for local access between 6th St. and 3rd St.
- Alternative 5 -
Modified reverse flow - Was also based on the De Pere
Downtown Master Plan however would discontinue the counter
flow lane east of 4th St. The counter directional traffic
lane would exist between 6th St. and 4th St. for access to
local businesses. Traffic exiting the downtown area
eastbound over the Claude Allouez Bridge would still need to
travel on Reid St. and 3rd St. to continue eastbound.
- Exhibit - On-street parking comparison by alternative
- Exhibit - Alternative summary comparison table
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: December 6, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.