Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 15 (US 45-Lily of the Valley Dr.) Expansion
New London, Hortonville and Greenville, in Outagamie County
|View NE, WIS 15 (US 45-Lily of the Valley Dr.) Expansion project location.|
WIS 15, US 45 to Lily of the Valley Dr., in New London, Hortonville and Greenville, in Outagamie County.
- Expand 11 miles of WIS 15 to a 4-lane divided highway bypassing village of Hortonville. This project will increase safety, enhance economic development and lower transportation costs in the region.
- Roundabouts are planned at the two locations, one on each side of Hortonville, where proposed bypass meets existing WIS 15.
- WIS 15 is a busy commuter route between New London and Fox Cities
area. WisDOT studied WIS 15 to determine the best way to provide
additional roadway capacity and improve operational efficiency and
- Insufficiencies in roadway structure, as well as geometric and intersection design, are creating an increased number of safety issues.
- Capacity must be added to serve existing and forecasted traffic volumes. Heavy congestion is expected by 2025 if WIS 15 is not expanded.
- WIS 15 to be expanded to 4-lane divided highway.
- At-grade intersections to be constructed at the two points where the proposed bypass meets existing WIS 15.
- WisDOT evaluated several corridor alternatives and selected the preferred corridor June 2007.
- Project cost estimated at $139.5 million.
- Design work with real estate acquisition schedule to start in 2014 and construction scheduled for late 2018.
- Study completed 2009.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: November 18, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.