Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange
Wausau, Marathon County
|View NC, US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange project maps.|
- US 51, Bridge St. to Decator Dr., Wausau, Marathon County.
- Northbound and southbound ramp terminals at US 51/County U/County K/Business 51.
- County K, N. 20th Ave. to Campus Dr.
- County U, N. 20th Ave. to Badger Ave.
- Overlook Dr., County U to County K.
Work completed in 2013:
- Reconstruction of the County U bridge over US 51.
- Reconstruction of County U (Westwood Drive to Business 51) to a four-lane urban roadway.
- Installation of traffic signals at the County U/College Drive/Business 51 intersection.
- Reconstruction of Overlook Drive (County U to County K).
Project improvements for 2014 include:
- Repaving US 51 (West Wausau Avenue to Decator Drive).
- Replacing the US 51 bridge decks over County K/Business 51 and southbound US 51 over Decator Drive.
- Reconstructing the US 51/County U/K/Business 51 interchange as a single diamond interchange at County K/Business 51, with a half diamond interchange at County U. Roundabouts will be constructed at the County K/Business 51 interchange ramps.
- Constructing a multi-use path beginning at the cul-de-sac at 14th Street, through North central Technical College's property, and ending at the College Drive/Business 51 intersection.
US 51 serves multiple communities and is a regional backbone highway providing a primary north-south roadway in Wisconsin for a wide variety of industries including manufacturing, wholesale, retail, and service businesses.
Planning started in 2004. Design work started in 2008. Reconstruction is scheduled to start in 2013, with completion in late 2014.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: February 19, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.