Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51, Minocqua (Front St.-Old Hwy 70) - Fast facts
Minocqua, Oneida County
|View NC, US 51, Minocqua (Front St.-Old Hwy 70), in Oneida County in a larger map.|
US 51, in Minocqua, between Front Street and Old Hwy 70, in Oneida County.
- Replace the current five-lane cross-section with new asphalt pavement and curb and gutter.
- Enhance pedestrian and bicycle accommodations via a wider outside travel lane for on-street bike users as well as a wider sidewalk. The enhanced accommodations include areas along Lake Minocqua, where pedestrians can rest and enjoy the view.
- Crews activated the Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon (PHB), south of Rogers Drive. For more information on the PHB crosswalk and how it operates click here: Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon
- Install new street lighting, which will provide continuous lighting along the corridor.
- Replace storm, sanitary and water lines. This effort
will also improve the storm water quality discharging into the
Promote your business during construction
- Apr. 1, 2013 - Construction began.
- Apr. 1-June 28 - Construction from the water tower to just south of Island Cove Dr.
- July and Aug. 2013 - To minimize impacts during the tourist season, no construction took place on the roadway.
- Sept. 3-late Nov. 2013 - Construction from south Island Cove Dr. to just north of the intersection of Old Hwy 70 began.
- Nov. 2013 - Project scheduled for completion.
- US 51 is reduced to one lane in each direction between Island Cove Drive and WIS 70. Motorists can expect to encounter flagging operations.
- All sidewalks within the project limits are closed.
- Motorists may encounter delays and are reminded to use caution when traveling through the work zone
Construction is scheduled for completion in November 2013. The schedule is dependent on weather conditions and construction status.
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT North Central Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids Office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: September 23, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.