Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 29 (Sunrise Dr.-Business 51 Interchange) - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
- NC Region weekly construction update
Traffic impacts in 2014
- Single lane closures during off-peak travel times on WIS 29.
- The ramp connecting northbound I-39/US 51 to eastbound WIS 29 will be closed for approximately one month in late summer. Traffic will be detoured via the US 51/WIS 29/Marathon County N interchange.
- All ramps to/from WIS 29 and Business 51 will remain open to traffic.
- Northbound and southbound lanes of Business 51 will remain open.
- The outside northbound lane of Volkman Street will be closed for approximately one week during the summer (after school has let out). All work on Volkman Street will be completed in 2014.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: August 1, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.