Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
South La Crosse Transportation Study
La Crosse County
View the final report.
South Ave./Mormon Coulee Rd. (US 14/61/WIS 35) in La Crosse, in La Crosse County.
- Segment A - Green Bay St., south to the separation of US 14 with WIS 35
- Segment B - US 14, from its separation with WIS 35 to La Crosse County M
- Segment C - WIS 35, from its separation with US 14 to County K
WisDOT, in cooperation with the La Crosse Area Planning Committee (LAPC), city of La Crosse and town of Shelby, studied South Ave./Mormon Coulee Rd. (US 14/61/WIS 35) to identify a long-term vision for the future of this heavily-traveled route.
The section of South Ave./Mormon Coulee Rd. studied extended from junction with Green Bay St. (by Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center) to intersection of US 14/61/WIS 35.
Two rural highway segments were also examined:
- WIS 35, from US 14/61/WIS 35 intersection to La Crosse County line (near Goose Island).
- US 14/61, from US 14/61/WIS 35 intersection to junction with County M (near Ten Mile Hill).
Timing for potential four-lane construction on the rural segments was examined using updated traffic counts and forecasts.
Study completed 2005.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: June 17, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.