Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 23 (County A to Arcade Glen Rd.) Reconstruction
Green Lake and Fond du Lac counties
|View NC, WIS 23 (County A to Arcade Glen Rd.) Reconstruction project location.|
WIS 23, Green Lake County A to Arcade Glen Rd., in city of Ripon, in Green Lake and Fond du Lac counties.
The planned WIS 23 project will reconstruct a 5.4 mile section of the roadway from the west intersection of Green Lake County A to Arcade Glen Road (Fond du Lac County) with new pavement. Additional improvements include:
- Extending the bypass lane (west of the Puchyan Bridge) to improve traffic operations. The bridge over the Puchyan River will be widened to accommodate the bypass lane. Other improvements to the bridge include pier modifications and a new deck.
- Expanding the box culvert over Silver Creek to accommodate a wider roadway.
- Closing and relocating North Lawson Drive, south of WIS 23, west of its current location in the city of Green Lake, to intersect with WIS 23 at a safer angle.
- Construction of a portion of the city of Green Lake’s shared-use path near North Street.
- Consolidating or modifying some public access points to improve safety for the growing traffic need. Access points include residential and commercial driveways, town and city roads and private roads.
- Additions and upgrades of left turn lanes, auxiliary lanes and passing lanes.
- Installing center line and shoulder rumble strips.
Project cost is estimated between $13 to $14 million.
Construction is currently scheduled to begin spring 2014 and should be completed by late fall 2014.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: June 27, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.