Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 21 Planning Study - Schedule
For more information on public information meetings (PIM), hearings and other public activities, visit Public involvement.
Current (this year)
- Nothing at this time
Past (anything prior to today)
- Fall 2011 - Present preferred alternative
- Fall 2011 - Transportation project plat
- Early 2011 - Local officials and stakeholder committee meeting
- Late 2010 - PIM
- Summer 2010 - Local officials and stakeholder committee meeting
- Late 2009-early 2010 - PIM
- Fall 2009 - Local officials and stakeholder committee meeting
- Fall 2008-Summer 2009 - Alternatives analysis
- Summer 2006-Fall 2008 - Systems interchange feasibility review
- Early 2006 - PIM
- Late 2005-early 2006 - Alternatives development
- Fall 2005 - Stakeholder committee meeting
- Fall 2004-early 2005 - Traffic analysis
- Fall 2004 - Stakeholder committee meeting
- Fall-late 2004 - Data gathering
Major steps in preparing the plan include:
- Gathering information such as traffic volumes, crash data, existing land use and environmental characteristics.
- Determining future land use and travel demand.
- Determining transportation and community needs.
- Developing transportation improvement alternatives.
- Analyzing transportation improvement alternatives to determine their ability to meet the WIS 21 goal and objectives.
- Preparing alternative concept drawings for corridor improvements.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 8, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.