Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 50 Study - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- WIS 50 is a vital connector link in the Corridors 2020 backbone system. The highway is important to statewide mobility, commerce and economic development.
- Due to extensive new development in the area, traffic on WIS 50
has exceeded normal growth trends.
- Traffic volume counts from 2002 show that 24,000 to 32,000 vehicles travel this stretch of highway daily.
- Forecasted volumes for 2020 exceed 40,000 to 52,000 vehicles per day.
- About 60 to 65 percent of the vehicles using this section of WIS 50 end their trips within this corridor, making it an increasingly popular destination. This accounts for the increased number of turning movements at intersections and driveways.
- This study has examined traffic techniques to improve the highway's efficiency, including expansion, re-designing the signal timing system, reviewing access and island locations, and conducting traffic reviews at all intersections.
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 29, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.