Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 164 (County J) - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
Motorists encounter several issues along the WIS 164 corridor including:
- High traffic volumes, especially in Waukesha County, that hamper efficient and safe travel
- Blind intersections, sharp hill crests and narrow shoulders that cause difficult and unsafe operations
- A high number of access points that result in tightly-spaced and unsafe entry points to the highway. These include major intersections, side streets, commercial entrances, and residential driveways and field entrances.
- Development that adds to traffic congestion and affects driving conditions
View crash data
Project benefits/anticipated outcomes
- Identify traffic safety and operational issues
- Document the effects of potential improvements to WIS 164 or alternative routes
- Prepare an engineering concept plan to serve as a framework for local officials to make land use decisions
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 30, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.