Verona Road Project weekly construction update: September 1 to 5
August 29, 2014
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Check out a recent bird's eye view of the Verona Road (US 18/151) construction, between the Beltline and Raymond Road. Remember to be alert for crews working in this area, and drive with caution in all work zones.
With the holiday weekend, delays are expected on area highways due to heavy traffic volumes, especially during peak travel times (i.e., Friday afternoon/evening and Monday afternoon/evening). Plan ahead and budget extra time to safely reach your destination.
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Regardless of any roadwork inconvenience, please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
Note – Holiday work restrictions in effect from noon Friday, August 29 until 6 a.m. Tuesday, September 2.
Verona Road work
- Two lanes open to traffic (in each direction) on new northbound lanes, between the Beltline and
- View the traffic staging plans.
- Work zone speed limit is 30 mph. Drive with caution through the work zones.
- NOTE: Frontage road speed limits are typically 25 mph. Drive with caution on the frontage roads, especially Britta Parkway.
- Daytime work on Verona Road southbound and the frontage roads.
- Work to occur approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (September 2 to 6)
- Summary of construction activities.
- Effective Tuesday (September 2), East Frontage Road traffic, between Red Arrow Trail and
Atticus Way, will be switched onto the new pavement.
- Work will include pavement removal, water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer installation.
- Traffic will be maintained on two lanes or with flagging operations.
- Access will remain open to area businesses.
- Please be alert for crews working in the area.
- NOTE: The delivery of steel girders will be completed on Tuesday (September 2) during normal
- No delays are anticipated for this delivery.
- Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest
- The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
West Beltline Frontage Road/Hammersley Road (west of Verona Road)
- CLOSED to through traffic, between the temporary Verona Road intersection near Home
Depot/Subway and the Southwest Commuter Path over the Beltline, until late September 2014.
- Access will remain open for local traffic and to area businesses.
- Work includes sanitary sewer work, pavement removal and storm sewer work.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
- CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline),
until October 15, 2014.
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Hammersley Road cul-du-sac (north of the Beltline)
- CLOSED to traffic until September 19, 2014 for utility work. No detour posted.
Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.
Weekly construction updates are provided on the
project website under
the News tab. Updates include upcoming lane closures and traffic impacts related to the major
Verona Road reconstruction.
Stay involved and informed with the project Facebook page.
For more information, contact:
Steven Theisen, WisDOT Verona Road Project communications manager
(608) 884-1230, firstname.lastname@example.org