Public meeting scheduled to discuss US 51 in Woodruff, Arbor Vitae
February 12, 2014
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting to discuss the current and future needs of US 51 between 3rd Street and WIS 70 east in the towns of Woodruff and Arbor Vitae.
The meeting is scheduled to take place from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, February 25, in the library of the Arbor Vitae-Woodruff Elementary School, 11065 Old Hwy 51, Woodruff. A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5:15 p.m. The remainder of the meeting will follow an open house format.
WisDOT is seeking the public’s input on proposed preliminary alternatives to address the current and long-term needs of the roadway. Some of the needs identified along this section of US 51 include:
- The pavement and the curb and gutter are deteriorating.
- The storm sewer drainage system is deteriorated.
- The traffic demands of the intersections of US 51/WIS 47 and US 51/WIS 70 east are creating inefficient operations at the intersections.
- Crash data indicates safety problems with left-turning movements throughout the corridor.
- The Lakeland Sanitary District has sanitary sewer and water that is deteriorated.
An improvement project on this section of US 51 is currently scheduled to occur in 2017.
Citizens planning to attend the meeting who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com