Bridge improvements scheduled for WIS 73, WIS 80 in Wood County
May 15, 2013
WIS 73/80 detour begins June 10
Improvements to four bridges located on WIS 73 and WIS 80 in Wood County, are currently scheduled to begin June 3. The new, wider bridges will meet current design and safety standards.
Lunda Construction Company is the prime contractor for the $3.2 million project. Bridge improvements include:
- June 3 – Begin replacement of the existing Yellow River truss bridge (Pittsville) with a two-span concrete girder bridge.
- June 10 – WIS 73/80 traffic will be detoured via Wood County A, County N and WIS 80 until late August.
- July 8 – Begin replacement of the existing Rocky Creek (Pittsville) concrete box culvert with a one-span concrete slab bridge.
- August 29 – Yellow River and Rocky Creek bridge improvements are scheduled for completion.
- September – Begin replacement of the existing two Beaver Creek steel girder bridges, located south of Marshfield on WIS 80, with two new, two-span concrete girder bridges. During construction, through traffic will be detoured via Wood County A and US 10. Work on these bridges cannot begin until the Yellow River bridge and Rocky Creek box culvert work is completed.
- Late November – Beaver Creek bridges scheduled for completion.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
One hundred percent of the project will be paid for with state transportation funds.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com