WisDOT schedules public meeting for WIS 47/55 in Menominee County
February 15, 2013
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting regarding proposed improvements to WIS 47/55 from the Shawano County line to Duquaine Road, in Keshena, Menominee County.
The meeting is scheduled to take place at the Tribal Office Building Board Room, W2908 Tribal Office Loop Road, Keshena, on Wednesday, February 27 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. A brief presentation is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. The remainder of the meeting will follow an open house format.
The objective of the meeting is to familiarize the public with the purpose and need for the project, and to obtain input on the proposed improvements, which include:
- Reconstructing WIS 47/55 to a three-lane roadway with one northbound lane, one southbound lane, and a center two-way left turn lane.
- Moving the casino entrance to the intersection of WIS 47/55 and Standing Pines Drive, and reconstructing the intersection with a roundabout.
- Reconstructing the intersection of WIS 47/55 and the college entrance with a dedicated left turn lane, a dedicated right turn lane, and raised medians.
- Constructing bicycle lanes and sidewalk throughout the length of the project.
Construction is currently scheduled for 2015. The highway will remain open to traffic but motorists can expect short-term lane closures and flagging operations.
Local community officials, property and business owners, and other interested parties are encouraged to attend the meeting. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and who require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com