WIS 47 in Menominee County closed due to icy conditions
January 30, 2013
Highway closed between Neopit and the Langlade County line
Icy road conditions are creating hazardous travel January 29 on WIS 47 in Menominee County. Law enforcement closed the highway in the morning (at approximately 9 a.m.) between Neopit and the Langlade County line until salt trucks could make the road passable. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes.
Motorists can check Wisconsin 511 online for updates and information on WIS 47 and other highway conditions before traveling.
If you must drive during winter storm conditions please be prepared:
- Plan ahead and allow plenty of extra time for travel.
- Drive at a safe and legal speed for conditions (The 55 or 65 mph speed limit is a maximum speed for times when conditions are good/ideal, not for when roads are slippery and visibility is reduced.).
- Drive alert and sober.
- Always wear seatbelts.
- Keep a charged cell phone handy. Keep both hands on the wheel while driving.
- Keep at least a half a tank of gas in your vehicle.
- Make sure friends and family member know your travel plans and when you should arrive.
Additional winter driving tips can be found on WisDOT’s Web site.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com