Daytime US 51 lane closures begin today in the Wausau area
January 14, 2013
Crews repairing guardrail, cable guard
Crews are planning single, daytime lane closures on US 51 in Marathon County beginning today (January 14). The lane closures are necessary for crews to repair guardrail and cable guard at the following locations:
- Northbound US 51 at Bridge Street
- Northbound US 51 between Foxglove Road and Marathon County NN
- Southbound US 51 between Marathon County NN and Foxglove Road
Work is scheduled for completion by the end of the day Friday, January 18. Motorists are reminded to slow down in the work zone and be alert for slow moving vehicles.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions. For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org