WisDOT schedules WIS 22 public involvement meeting
October 5, 2012
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 22, between 10th Street and WIS 156/Green Tree Road, in Clintonville.
The meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 22, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Clintonville Community Center, 30 South Main Street, Clintonville. A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. The remainder of the meeting will follow an open house format. Maps and exhibits will be on display and WisDOT staff will be available to answer questions.
The objective of the meeting is to familiarize the public with the purpose and need for the project and to obtain input on the proposed improvements, which include:
- Replacing the Pigeon River Bridge and approaches
- Replacing the pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalks, storm sewer, street lighting, and traffic signals
- Widening and upgrading the intersection of Main Street and 12th Street
- Upgrading the intersection of WIS 22 and WIS 156/Green Tree Road. Various intersection improvement options that are currently being investigated will be presented at the meeting.
As part of the road improvements, the city plans to replace the water main and sanitary sewer systems.
The Pigeon River Bridge and the section of WIS 22 between 10th Street and 13th Street are currently scheduled for construction in 2015. WIS 22 between 13th Street and WIS 156/Green Tree Road is currently scheduled for construction in 2017, but may occur as early as 2016.
Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dialing 711).
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org