Traffic patterns set to change on US 41 in Brown County
September 25, 2012
Several lane and ramp closures are scheduled in preparation for the traffic shift
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing a traffic shift this week on both northbound US 41 from two miles south of Scheuring Road north to the Ashland Avenue off-ramp, and southbound US 41 between Oneida Street and Grant Street in Brown County. Several lane and ramp closures are scheduled in preparation for the switch. Motorists are advised to plan ahead. Details of all closures are included below:
- Thursday, September 27 – North and southbound US 41, beginning two miles south of Scheuring Road to Oneida Street, will be reduced to a single lane of traffic from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Friday, September 28 through Saturday, September 29 – Beginning at 5 a.m. Friday, north and southbound US 41 will be open to two lanes; however, the lanes will be separated in the above locations with the right lane being used as a through lane and for local access while the left lane will be a dedicated through traffic lane. Friday evening at 8 p.m., US 41 beginning two miles south of Scheuring Road to Oneida Street will be reduced to a single lane of traffic in both directions. In addition, there will be complete closures of the northbound US 41 off/on ramps at Scheuring Road from midnight until 6 a.m., and the northbound US 41 off-ramp and southbound US 41 on-ramp at Ashland Avenue, from 8 p.m. until 7 a.m.
- Saturday, September 29 – Beginning at 9 a.m. all traffic will be shifted onto the newly paved lanes of north and southbound US 41, from two miles south of Scheuring Road to Oneida Street, while the remainder of this segment is constructed.
- Packer traffic – US 41 will be open to two lanes of traffic in both directions prior to the Green Bay Packers home game on Sunday, September 30. However, drivers will encounter restricted shoulders, 11-foot travel lanes and speed limits reduced to 55 mph in both directions.
This work is part of a $57 million project to reconstruct and expand US 41 to six lanes of traffic between Orange Lane and Glory Road. Construction on this segment of US 41 began in March and is scheduled to be complete by June 2013.
Motorists are reminded to remain alert and use caution when traveling through this or any work zone.
All lane restrictions, and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
For more information, check out the US 41 website.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kim A. Rudat, WisDOT NE Region
(920) 492-5743, email@example.com