Bridge inspections scheduled in Marathon, Wood counties next week
September 10, 2012
Motorists can expect lane closures
Motorists can expect to encounter lane closures on the following bridges while crews perform routine inspections.
- WIS 13 in Wisconsin Rapids. The WIS 13 bridge over the Wisconsin River will have single lane closures on Monday, September 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Marathon County N in Wausau. The McCleary Bridge over the Big Rib River will have single lane closures on Tuesday, September 11 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- WIS 52 in Wausau. The WIS 52 bridges over the Wisconsin River (near downtown Wausau) will have single lane closures on Wednesday, September 12 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Motorists should be alert for slow moving vehicles and potential traffic backups during peak travel times near the work zones. To avoid any delays motorists may want to use alternate routes. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit 511 online.
- Follow us on Facebook.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org