Public meeting scheduled for I-39/Business 51 interchange in Rothschild
September 6, 2012
Meeting to focus on preliminary design alternatives, proposed improvements
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public information meeting to discuss preliminary design for the reconstruction of the I-39/Business 51 interchange from Village Way to County L (Eagle’s Nest Boulevard), located in Rothschild, Marathon County. The meeting is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. on September 18 at the Rothschild Village Hall, 211 Grand Avenue, Rothschild.
A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. The remainder of the meeting will follow an open house format. WisDOT representatives will be available to answer questions.
The purpose of the meeting is to provide information on proposed improvements, anticipated construction schedule, preliminary traffic impacts, pedestrian and bicycle accommodations, and other preliminary design elements.
The proposed improvements include:
- Reconstructing the existing Business 51 roadway between Village Way and County L
- Adding right turn lanes on southbound Business 51 at both rail crossings
- Adding bike lanes on northbound and southbound Business 51
- Constructing pedestrian accommodations along Business 51
- Constructing retaining walls to allow space for pedestrian accommodations
- Realigning Morrison Avenue to line up with the south I-39 ramps
- Installing traffic signals at both ramp intersections and at the County XX intersection
- Reconstructing all I-39/Business 51 interchange ramps
- Reconstructing the Cedar Creek Bridge
Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Communications Manager Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org