Ramp work begins next week at Wisconsin Avenue/US 45 in Milwaukee County
August 10, 2012
New temporary exit ramp will help traffic flow during Zoo Interchange
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will build a temporary exit ramp to Wisconsin Avenue off northbound US 45 starting next week.
Temporary changes on Wisconsin Avenue and 95th Street will help alleviate traffic congestion during the Zoo Interchange reconstruction project. Work includes:
- Construction of a temporary ramp at Wisconsin Avenue
- Adjustments to turn lanes on Wisconsin Avenue between US 45 and 92nd Street
- Driveway and sidewalk modifications
- Building a temporary cul-de-sac on 95th Street
- Installing a temporary traffic light at 97th Street and Bluemound Road
- Lengthening the left turn lane on Bluemound at 97th Street
The US 45 southbound entrance ramp at Wisconsin Avenue will close overnight from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. on August 13 and 14. Lane restrictions on Wisconsin Avenue between 98th Street and 95th Street will begin the week of August 20 through early fall.
95th Street will temporarily become a cul du sac where it currently intersects with Wisconsin Avenue and will be closed to through traffic in late September. The cul de sac will remain in place until the completion of the Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road interchanges, likely reopening 95th Street to through traffic in 2016 or 2017.
The contractor, Zignego Companies, is scheduled to finish work on the $1.2 million contract this November.
For more on projects related to the Zoo Interchange: www.zoointerchange.wi.gov.