Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Wisconsin Information System for Local Roads (WISLR)
A data management tool for decision-makers
The Wisconsin Information System for Local Roads (WISLR) is an Internet-accessible system that helps local governments and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) manage local road data to improve decision-making, and to meet state statute requirements. With Geographic Information System technology, WISLR combines local road data with interactive mapping functionality. The result is an innovative system that allows users to display their data in a tabular format, on a map, or both.
WISLR provides a system for local governments to report local road information (such as width, surface type, surface year, shoulder, curb, road category, functional classification, and pavement condition ratings) to WisDOT.
Local governments can use WISLR’s querying, analytical, and spreadsheet tools to organize and analyze data. They can also update and edit their data. This combination improves accuracy for both pavement condition rating submittals and road inventory assessment.
WisDOT can accommodate pavement ratings submitted using a number of methods:
- Editing directly within WISLR online
- Sending a file for pavement rating updates, either by mail or electronically
- Filling out paper forms
How to access and get started using WISLR
Authorized representatives of local government are eligible to obtain WISLR access privileges.
To access WISLR, follow the simple steps below.
First time WISLR users:
1. Establish an ID and password: Go to https://on.wisconsin.gov
and click on the Self-Registration link, and then follow the steps to create an ID and password.
2. Navigate to WISLR: Go to https://trust.dot.state.wi.us/wislr/NavigationDispatch and enter your ID and password, then answer some questions. WisDOT will send you an email that establishes and confirms your WISLR privileges after you establish your ID and password. Please allow a few days to receive your WISLR privileges.
3. Established WISLR Privileges: Once you’ve received your WISLR privileges, access WISLR at https://trust.dot.state.wi.us/wislr/NavigationDispatch.
Questions about the content of this page:
Last modified: August 26, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.