Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Transportation Coordination Toolkit
Federal transit law, as amended by SAFETEA–LU (2005), and continued in MAP-21 (2012), requires that projects selected for funding under the Section 5310 Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program be “derived from a locally developed, coordinated public transit-human services transportation plan” and that the plan be “developed through a process that includes representatives of public, private, and non-profit transportation and human services providers and participation by members of the public.”
In response to this requirement, WisDOT collaborated with Regional Planning Commission (RPC) planners to develop a coordination planning process and toolkit.
The toolkit is a resource only; use is not mandatory. If a county/multi-county agency chooses to use the coordination meeting and plan resources contained in the toolkit, the requirements of the Federal Transit Association and WisDOT’s reporting requirements will be met. The required elements of a coordinated public transit-human services transportation plan include:
- An assessment of available services that identifies current transportation providers (public, private, and non-profit);
- An assessment of the transportation needs for individuals with disabilities and older adults. This assessment can be based on the experiences and perceptions of the planning partners or on more sophisticated data collection efforts, as well as gaps in service;
- Strategies, activities, and/or projects to address the identified gaps between current services and needs, as well as opportunities to improve efficiency in service delivery; and
- Priorities for implementation based on resources (from multiple program sources), time, and feasibility for implementing specific strategies and/or activities identified.
Submit completed plans electronically to Judy Foss, firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 266-8968.
Introduction: Overview of Process
- Toolkit: Transportation Coordination Plans: Meeting Process and Plan Development
- 2012-2013 Coordinated Planning Process for Public and Human Services Transportation
Meeting Process and Format
Examples of meeting processes and sample formats
- Agenda – Sample
- Provider Inventory Worksheet – Blank
- Coordination Plan Worksheet - Blank
- Coordination Plan - Sample
- Example of Plan Goals and Activities in a Flow Chart
- Meeting flyer (sample)
- Worksheet to document locally developed coordination plan meeting invitations
- Locally developed coordination plan meeting participation list
- Meeting evaluation form
- Meeting expense reimbursement
- Nelson Nygaard Coordination Strategies Handbook
- WisDOT Transit Funding 101
- Map of State and Federally Funded Public Transportation Systems In Wisconsin
- Wisconsin County Coordination Plans
Wisconsin RPC/MPO Information
Questions about the content of this page:
Judy Foss, email@example.com
Last modified: September 19, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.