Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
With over 40,000 items, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Library is one of the larger transportation-specific library collections in the nation.
The WisDOT Library offers timely information on many transportation disciplines including intelligent transportation systems, transit, urban planning, rail planning, harbors and waterways, aeronautics and traffic safety. In addition, the library contains materials on computer training, affirmative action, management and leadership issues.
- OCLC (Online Computer Library Center)
The library has an annual subscription to OCLC, the worldwide global library cooperative, which enables staff to search library locations for a particular item, place interlibrary loan requests, and perform bibliographic searchs for a complete record on a requested item.
The WisDOT Library subscribes to over 100 current journal titles. These titles cover all facets of transportation, including freight, aviation, roads and highways, pavements, traffic analysis, safety, police science, geography and demography. Please visit our journals page to view the online version of many of our transportation periodicals.
The WisDOT Library maintains a variety of technical reports, textbooks, historical items and published data that cover all modes of transportation. Some of the core transportation materials include:
- All of the publications series produced by the Transportation Research Board (TRB) including the Transportation Research Record, National Highway Cooperative Research Program Reports, Special Reports and the National Synthesis of Highway Practice.
- Most publications produced by the American Association of State and Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
- Many text books significant within the transportation discipline published by the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE).
- Most technical reports produced by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
- Annual Proceedings: Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine.
- Many comprehensive planning documents produced by cities, counties and villages in Wisconsin.
- Environmental publications relating to transportation projects in Wisconsin.
Please search the WisDOT Library's holdings for these and other CD-ROMs via the WisDOT Library Catalog. For information on borrowing any materials from the library, please read the library's policies on interlibrary borrowing and lending.
The WisDOT Library maintains a collection of approximately 750 videos, CDs and DVDs, covering such topics as occupant protection, Intelligent Transportation Systems, workplace safety, computer training, human resources and management, and general transportation interest and history.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: November 17, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.