Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Drivers and motor vehicle publications
Booklets, guides and handbooks
- Drivers and Vehicles handbooks
- Driver License Withdrawals
- Vehicle buyer's guide - "Wise Buys"
- Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Laws
- Motorcycle Safety Action Plan 2004 (266 KB) The year 2003 was the deadliest for motorcyclists in over a decade. In 2003, 100 motorcyclists died in crashes. There were also 2,512 crashes involving motorcycles and 2,408 motorcyclist injuries including 654 who were seriously injured. In response to these fatalities and injuries, the Wisconsin State Patrol has developed the 2004 Motorcycle Safety Action Plan based on several public meetings held to date. The Plan's overall measurement of success will be to reduce the rate of motorcyclist fatalities and injuries within Wisconsin below 2003 levels. The plan represents a roadmap to address the immediate problem, and to demonstrate progress. Note that because the focus of the 2004 action plan is on those strategies which will affect the 2004 riding season, the 2004 action plan will not include all the long-range strategies (more than one year to develop) and ideas that have been obtained to date. Instead, long-range strategies will be addressed and included in the Department's Highway Safety Strategic Plan to begin development later in 2004.
Statistical and technical reports
- Facts and figures A comprehensive publication covering a wide range of driver and vehicle topics including accidents, dealers, licensing, driver testing, revocations and suspensions.
- Weekly fatality report
Contains figures representing traffic fatalities occurring on public trafficways in Wisconsin reported to the Division of Motor Vehicles -Traffic Accident Section as of the date shown at the top of the page. Also includes links to fatalities by county and by month.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Library, email@example.com
Last modified: February 9, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.