Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Request incidents that prevent you from obtaining a DMV product
Online services will be unavailable due to maintenance Sunday, November 23, from midnight to 6 a.m. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Find out if you have any restrictions (incidents) against your record that may prevent you from obtaining a vehicle title or registration product. There is no fee for this service. Please note that certain incidents affecting your vehicle title/registration may also affect your driving privilege. Use the Driver license status check and/or Reinstatement eligibility to ensure that your driving privilege is valid.
What are incidents?
- Administrative suspension for a checks returned for insufficient payment.
- BR (Bureau of Registration Suspension/Cancellation) for not returning a product that needs correction.
- IFTA/IRP suspension of apportioned vehicle registration.
- Emissions suspension for not completing and passing the emissions test requirement or for having emissions equipment that has been identified as being tampered.
- OWI transfer title stop ordered by a court or restriction for an Ignition Interlock Device. See Drunk driving law changes.
- Safety responsibility suspension or damage judgment suspension for not having proof of insurance in a crash (additional fees required by DMV to reinstate driver license or vehicle registration).
- Unpaid parking tickets, judgments, and towing and storage fees.
To use this online system, you must enter the following:
- Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number, if available
- The last four digits of your social security number, and
- Your date of birth
If you do not know your driver license or identification card number, you will need to enter:
- Your proper name including first, last and middle initial
- Complete social security number, and
- Your date of birth
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: May 6, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.