Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.

Special transportation need trip permit 

Issued to motor carriers engaged in interstate or intrastate operations in instances of special transportation need such as response to storm damage and drought, including Wisconsin intrastate (base plated) vehicles as set forth in sec.341.09(6) and 341.41(7), Stats.

Special transportation need trip permit (click to enlarge)
Special transportation need trip permit (click to enlarge)

Questions about the content of this page:
Motor Carrier Services, oversize-permits.dmv@dot.wi.gov
Last modified: December 14, 2004

All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.