Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Application shall be accompanied by a copy of the contract/agreement, which constitutes the complete agreement for instruction of students/customers. A copy of the form must be submitted to the department for approval with the original application and will be kept on file. Since the contract/agreement is unique to each driving school, a standardized form is not available from the department.
To be approved, the contract/agreement form required by WI Stat 343.71(1m)(b) shall:
- Be consecutively numbered
- Indicate date of application
- Identify school name
- Indicate the type(s) of lessons, lectures, tutoring or instruction to be given
- Fee to be charged or the word "none" if no charge
- Contain the statement, "This constitutes the entire agreement between the school and the customer or student and no verbal statement or promises will be recognized"
- Have the signature of the customer
- If the student is under the age of 18, have the signature of the student's parent or guardian
- List the address of student
- Have signature of owner of school or his or her authorized representative
A driver school may not instruct any student until a contract/agreement in a form approved by the department has been completed and signed by all parties.
A contract/agreement may not guarantee the issuance of a Wisconsin driver license.
No licensee may agree to give unlimited driver lessons, nor represent or agree, orally or in writing, or as part of an inducement (lure) to sign any agreement to give instructions until the student obtains an operator's license.
No agreement may contain a "no refund" clause. It may include the following: "The school will not refund any tuition or part of tuition if the school is ready, willing and able to fulfill its part of the agreement."
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Driver Training Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: August 29, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.