Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.

How to make changes to an occupational license

If you need to make any changes to the restrictions on your occupational license, you will need to fill out another form (MV3027) listing the counties or states in which you will be driving, the time(s) of day you will be driving, etc. You can download form MV3027 - Occupational Operator License Application. Fill it out, print it, and take it to a Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) service center (excluding DMV renewal-only offices). A nonrefundable fee is required.

If your prior occupational application was approved by the circuit court in the county of your residence, the court must approve any changes. The fee is paid to the court.

The fee will be waived one time to change your hours so you may complete your driver safety plan AND you did not list driver safety plan as one of the restrictions on your current occupational license. Any changes other than hours require fee payment.

Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Phone: (608) 266-2261

For more information:

Last modified: August 7, 2013

All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.