Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.

Change your residence address online

This online system will change your Wisconsin residence address only. If you would like a driver license or identification card that shows your new address, you need to apply for a duplicate driver license or identification card online or visit a DMV Service Center and pay the required fee.

If you have a Commercial Driver License (CDL), you must visit a DMV Service Center to change your residence address and obtain a new driver license with the correct address on it. You will need to show your Social Security card, Federal Medical card and pay the fee.

To use this online system, you must enter the following:

  • Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number
  • The last four digits of your social security number, and
  • Your date of birth

If you do not wish to enter this information online, download form MV3058 (Mailable Address Change Notice). Complete and mail to the address listed on the form.

Start now logo

Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service

Last modified: May 6, 2014

All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.