Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Dealers may participate in up to six off-premise sales per year. Off-premise sales are sales held away from the dealerships licensed location. The following rules apply to off-premise sales:
- You must notify the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Dealer & Agent Section in writing at least 10 days before the start of the sale.
- A sale may not be longer than 10 days or it counts as more than one sale. (For example, if you want to have a sale that is 15 days long, you would use up two of your six allowed sales for the year.)
- You must give purchasers written notice of their three-day right to cancel a purchase or lease. (s. 423.203 Wis. Stats.) For a copy of the required notice, see Federal Notice (external link) on the WI Department of Financial Institutions website.
- You may not hold an off-premise sale on a Sunday. You may only display vehicles on Sunday. In order for the event to be considered a display not a sale, no salespeople may be present. Greeters, security people, and the owner may be present at the display.
To notify WisDOT of an upcoming off-premise sale, send a letter, fax or email at least 10 days before the sale to this address:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Dealer & Agent Section
4802 Sheboygan Avenue, Room 201
P.O. Box 7909
Madison, WI 53707-7909
If you have questions:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (608) 266-1425
- FAX: (608) 267-0323
- Write to the address above
Questions about the content of this page:
Division of Motor Vehicles, Dealer Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: October 11, 2005
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.