Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
New Implements of Husbandry and Agricultural Commercial Motor Vehicle permit!
2013 Wisconsin Act 377, previously called SB 509, created a new permit for implements of husbandry (IoH) and agricultural commercial motor vehicles (Ag-CMV.) Act 377 also increased the weights allowed without a permit for IoH's and weight and width for AgCMV's effective April 24, 2014.
The IoH and AG-CMV permit form will be used by WisDOT starting May 25 and all local governments by January 1, 2015, and will be available at this site.
Apply for a permit
- Apply online for Wisconsin single and multiple trip permits
- Apply online for Minnesota and Wisconsin single trip permits using WINNDOT Cross-border permit portal
- Contact a commercial permit service
- Public counter
Permit information and requirements
- Determine if a permit is required
- Hours of operation for permitted vehicles
- Lighting, flagging and signage requirements
- Trans 252 - Escort vehicles
- Wisconsin Statute Chapter 348 - Vehicles - size, weight and load law
Forms and applications
Weight restriction program
- Weight restriction programs
Seasonal weight exemptions
- Frozen road exemption for unpeeled forest products, abrasives or salt
- Seasonal harvest exemption Chapter trans 348.17(5)
- Seasonal manure exemption Chapter trans 348.17(6)
Emergency permits, declarations and exemptions
- No emergency permits, declarations or exemptions at this time
Bridge information for routing purposes
- Bridges on Wisconsin highways with height clearances less than 16'03"
- Bridges over Wisconsin highways with height clearances less than 16'03"
- Bridge heights less than legal on Wisconsin highways
- Bridges with weight-postings on Wisconsin highways
- Highway Structures Information System
Motor carrier enforcement and truck safety
- Hours-of-service regulation (U.S. DOT website)
- Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP)
- Motor carrier enforcement
- Safety and weight enforcement facilities (SWEF)
- Wisconsin State Patrol home page
- Wisconsin State Patrol Permit Support Request
Maps and publications
- Official state trunk highway system maps
- Winter road conditions
- Wisconsin Commercial Driverís Manual
- Wisconsin long truck operators map
- Wisconsin truckerís guide
- Work zones and detour information
- Work zones all states (Federal Highway Administration)
If you have questions:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (608) 266-7320
- FAX: (608) 264-7751
- Write to the address below:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Motor Carrier Services
PO Box 7980
Madison, WI 53707-7980
Questions about the content of this page:
Motor Carrier Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: January 15, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.