Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.

Oversize-overweight permits

New Implements of Husbandry and Agricultural Commercial Motor Vehicle permit!

2013 Wisconsin Act 377, previously called SB 509, created a new permit for implements of husbandry (IoH) and agricultural commercial motor vehicles (Ag-CMV.) Act 377 also increased the weights allowed without a permit for IoH's and weight and width for AgCMV's effective April 24, 2014.

The IoH and AG-CMV permit form will be used by WisDOT starting May 25 and all local governments by January 1, 2015, and will be available at this site.

Apply for a permit

Permit information and requirements

Forms and applications

Weight restriction program

Seasonal weight exemptions

Emergency permits, declarations and exemptions

  • No emergency permits, declarations or exemptions at this time

Bridge information for routing purposes

Motor carrier enforcement and truck safety

Maps and publications

Wisconsin DOT Motor Carriers oversize-overweight permit Twitter updates Follow us on Twitter!

If you have questions:

  • Email: oversize-permits.dmv@dot.wi.gov
  • Call: (608) 266-7320
  • FAX: (608) 264-7751
  • Write to the address below:

    Wisconsin Department of Transportation
    Motor Carrier Services
    PO Box 7980
    Madison, WI 53707-7980

Questions about the content of this page:
Motor Carrier Services, oversize-permits.dmv@dot.wi.gov
Last modified: February 12, 2015

All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.