Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Hours of operation
Vehicles that are overweight only, unless specified otherwise in the permit, may operate 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
If size does not exceed 12’ 00” wide, 13’ 06” high or 100’ 00” long, the vehicle may not be operated:
- Between 4 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Sunday.
- Between 4 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Friday between the 4th Friday in May and Labor Day.
If size is greater than 12’ 00” wide, 13’ 06” high or 100’ 00” long, the vehicle may not be operated:
- During the hours of darkness.
- After 4 p.m. on Friday between the 4th Friday in May and Labor Day.
- During the period beginning at 12 noon on Saturday and continuing until sunrise the following Monday.
If traveling on the Milwaukee expressway greater than legal width, height or length* the vehicle may not be operated (except on US 45 between West Florist Avenue and West Hampton Avenue and on I-94 between Waukesha line and 108th Street):
- Between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 11 p.m. Friday and Sunday.
*Maximum allowed dimensions on the Milwaukee expressway are 11’ 0” wide, 13’ 06” high or 100’ 00” long.
If you have questions:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (608) 266-7320
- FAX: (608) 264-7751
- Write to the address below:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Motor Carrier Services
PO Box 7980
Madison, WI 53707-7980
Questions about the content of this page:
Motor Carrier Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: January 16, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.